IPS IAS Checklist For Essay Tests

Use the following as a guide when writing answers to discussion questions and as a checklist after you have written your answer.
_____
1.
Do I really understand what the question asks me to do?

_____
2.
Have I done any preliminary planning of my major points?

_____
3.
From reading the first sentence of my answer, does the reader know both what the question is and how I will develop my answer?

_____
4.
Do the major points stand out?

_____
5.
Are the major points supported with examples and facts?

_____
6.
Are there clear transitions between the major points?

_____
7.
Would someone who has not taken this class be able to understand the concept discussed in the way I explained it?

_____
8.
Have I completely covered all major points needed to answer the question?

_____
9.
Did I stick to the question?

_____
10.
Have I concluded with a summary statement?

_____
11.
Did I proofread for misspelled words, sentence fragments, run-on sentences, comma splices, subject-verb or pronoun/antecedent agreement errors, and other errors that might prevent the reader from understanding what I have written?

_____
12.
Is my handwriting readable, and have I left enough space for comments or additions?

eXTReMe Tracker

  © download this templates template 'xxx templates' by free-blogspot-templatess 2008

Back to TOP